Friday, February 17, 2012

Similar but Different

This morning's news featured the death of Gary Carter, famous baseball player and Hall of Famer from brain cancer at age 57. I checked a few sites and it looks like he and Steve both had glioblastoma multiforme,  grade 4, but Gary's was inoperable for some reason. I don't know why. Apparently they tried treatment to shrink the tumor.  New tumors formed, one site said he had four. He lived about nine months after his diagnosis.

I think it's safe to say that Steve's prognosis is very different from Gary Carter's because of the success Steve had with surgery. Our sympathy to the Carter family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have trouble leaving a comment, you should be able to use the "Name/URL" setting. Just write in your name and you can leave the URL address blank. Thanks for commenting. I like knowing that I'm not writing into the air.