Thursday, March 22, 2012

Terry's March 20th E-Mail


Many of you received this in your inbox a few days ago. I wanted to post it for any of you out there who missed it. It shows another side of the effects of this serious illness, that is, how it impacts Steve's psyche. The "missing plug in" was a big happy face. I don't know how to make it show up here:


Subject: Rough road to the end of Phase One
Hi everyone,  my apologies for the delay.....To say the last two weeks have been a rough road would be putting it mildly...  We were aware this last stretch would be the most difficult, but I guess at least the radiation will be over in 3 days ,and daily chemo in five.  light at end of tunnel, right? Constant nausea, occasional vomiting, and overwhelming fatigue, are the physical side effects, but what this does to a man’s ego, is just as hard.
We go to the Dr. on Friday, and discuss a well earned month reprieve from treatment, then it slows significantly to 5 chemo pills every 28 days, and bimonthly MRI’s for a year. the 1st after the month off.
The boys have been busy with school and performing, I can’t help thinking of Mom (Shirley) sitting up in Heaven smiling with pride at Nathan’s solo in his March 8th concert, or Dad & Daddy bursting out in laughter as Adam dances across the stage dressed in a Tootsie Roll costume... :-D  We miss them all!!!!
Steven hopes to return to work in early April, which will help him feel better....He loves what he does, and Lockheed has been amazing wonderful through all of this, his Co-workers,and  bosses, have supported Steven & I immensely through this whole adventure.
We are very blessed to have our family, and friends in our lives as well. You all have helped me keep my sanity in check....

 We can’t ever thank you enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All my Love, and God Bless
Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have trouble leaving a comment, you should be able to use the "Name/URL" setting. Just write in your name and you can leave the URL address blank. Thanks for commenting. I like knowing that I'm not writing into the air.