Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Day After Surgery: Some News from California

Barbados is four hours ahead of California. We have been gone all day and I have been thinking about Steve often. I get back to our cottage and there is only a little news for me. I assume some summary of the day will be posted later, after I have gone to sleep. 


This from Chrissy, via Facebook message:


Hi again,

Spoke with Terry a bit earlier.....this is what she has told me. Dr. Patil says tumor is gone. Dr. Woo will be Neuro-Oncologist. Will need to see him every few months as chemo will be done in pill form at home. Radio-Oncologist will be at Henry Mayo...closer to home. Dr. Woo or Dr. Patil (not sure which) will recommend someone. Vaccine study not to be done yet.....will be used if there is a re-occurrance as that is when it works best....and since there is no tumor....not needed yet. New prognosis.....3-5 years.....Hoping both Greg and Terry can confirm all since i was not there today....this is my understanding from the conversation. Steve may be able to go home tomorrow. Currently resting as he didn't sleep much last night. I am going to visit after i get out of work today. 

Hope you are enjoying yourself!!! I will keep you posted.


Thank you Chrissy! 


Terry's post on Facebook this morning:


Good Morning everyone....The got the ENTIRE tumor out!!!!! We are sooooo blessed!! Will see Dr. this morning, to figure out the plan from here... and Steve will move to a regular room,...Hopefully, I can take my love, home for the weekend....My love, and Gratitude to all as we move forward in our journey.....Love, Terry
This was followed by fifteen comments and 10 "Like"s wishing them well. I didn't post them for the sake of space, and because I posted similar comments in yesterday's blog. 


I am looking forward to hearing more details about how Steve is feeling and how he is doing.  I expect he must have a headache :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have trouble leaving a comment, you should be able to use the "Name/URL" setting. Just write in your name and you can leave the URL address blank. Thanks for commenting. I like knowing that I'm not writing into the air.