Sunday, January 29, 2012

Home Again

Sunday morning Steve was released from the hospital and is now back home. He completed his IV antibiotics and now has two sets of pills to take at home for another week, I believe.  During his hospital days, he walked progressively further each day and read a lot on his Kindle. Terry spent much of the time with him. He says he feels pretty good and is just a little tired from the whole affair.

He told me about making the mask for his radiation therapy but I didn't quite understand. He said is didn't take long. The whole  process took fifteen minutes of which ten minutes was going between locations. There was a plastic mesh with solid plastic covering over the eyes (and mouth?) and he went into a machine which formed it to his face. Then he went into a second machine for some reason which I forget.  Sorry I'm not too detailed.

I'm looking forward to seeing him this next weekend and hope to have more to report then, you know, when he's FIFTY years old! Hahaha.... my baby brother :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have trouble leaving a comment, you should be able to use the "Name/URL" setting. Just write in your name and you can leave the URL address blank. Thanks for commenting. I like knowing that I'm not writing into the air.